Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Movie YIKES!!!

My inspiration for this web page was the Cotton Club during the Harlem Renaissance. So for my movie, I am doing still images that represent the Cotton Club and the Harlem Renaissance. The Cotton Club was a famous night club in New York City. While the club featured many of the greatest African American entertainers of the era, such as Fletcher Henderson, Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Nat King Cole, and Billie Holiday; it generally denied admission to blacks. During its heyday, it served as a chic meeting spot in the heart of Harlem, featuring regular Celebrity Nights on Sundays. The music I chose was Fletcher Henderson’s “Stockholm Stomp” which was performed at the Cotton Club. The only thing I am concerned about is if it flows like Gilbert’s movie. I just need more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment